RE: EPIRB vs. VHF (followup)

From: Jim Paugh (James.Paugh@eng.Sun.COM-DeleteThis)
Date: Thu Apr 16 1998 - 14:41:46 PDT

Date: Thu, 16 Apr 1998 14:41:46 -0700
From: James.Paugh@eng.Sun.COM-DeleteThis (Jim Paugh)
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: RE: EPIRB vs. VHF (followup)

Just from personal experience, my Uniden 940 has held up perfectly
after a season of use. I've got it in a dry bag (plastic) which totally
keeps it dry. It's taken a beating as well. My safety pack got ripped
off my back on a bad landing last season, which didn't bother the radio
at all (the leash saved it for me).

~Jim Paugh