Re: Today...

From: Eyes4Hire (Eyes4Hire@aol.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Fri Mar 27 1998 - 00:27:20 PST

From: Eyes4Hire <Eyes4Hire@aol.com-DeleteThis>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 1998 03:27:20 EST
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Re: Today...

I watched Crissy paging 25 average all day long from sunrise on. I left my
office in San Rafael at 4:35 pm knowing that Murphy's Law woyuld call for the
wind to die just as I reached the beach. Instead I arrived at 5:00 pm to find
many sailors still on 4.5s in great bump conditions. It looked like a lot of
sailors were heading home even though conditions were still great... they
probably had been at it for hours already. I rigged my new never been sailed
5.2 and had a fantastic overpowered hour and a half... lots of ramps and no
lulls. It was still blowing hard when I decided it was getting just a little
too dark for me to stay on the water by myself ( I sailed for an hour in the
dark at Sprecklesville last week only to be told by a local that the sharks
come in to feed at dusk). There was a lot of lumber sweeping past the beach
after the tide had fully turned to the flood so watch your skegs.

Peter