Re: Eye Wear in the Waves

From: Jonathan Hahn (hahn@and.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Wed Feb 18 1998 - 13:26:58 PST

Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 13:26:58 -0800
From: Jonathan Hahn <hahn@and.com-DeleteThis>
To: rossb@wellsfargo.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Re: Eye Wear in the Waves
Cc: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis

I have used soft contacts (non-disposable, astigmatics) for all
the time that I've been sailing and they've been almost trouble-free.
I've never lost one. Bay water in the eyes is not even noticable,
but I do have to take them clean them after sailing in the bay.
Normally I clean them once a week. Salt water is salty and stings
a bit at first, but is not a problem either. When fresh water gets
in them, they soak it up and stop correcting my vision. It often
looks and feels as if they have come out. I just close my eyes
and lightly press on my eyelids and that fixes it.

Sailed 6.0 on a 265 yesterday at Pidgeon Point, Tobago. It was up
and down, but I can't complain. No wetsuit needed. $20/hr.
I haven't cleaned my contacts yet, and don't seem to need to.

-jon
                                                        Jonathan Hahn
                                                        And Communications
                                                        hahn@and.com-DeleteThis