El Nuko & Tales from Costa Rica

From: steve shugart (steves@stealth.rose.hp.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Mon Dec 22 1997 - 16:13:51 PST

From: steve shugart <steves@stealth.rose.hp.com-DeleteThis>
Subject: El Nuko & Tales from Costa Rica
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis (_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 97 16:13:51 PST
Full-Name: steve shugart
Cc: brendanv@rosemail.rose.hp.com-DeleteThis (Brendan Voge)
Mailer: Elm [revision: 70.85]

12/21 & 12/22

Sailed Windy cove both today "monday" and yesterday. It was
awesome. Thanks for warming the water Zeev! Used the 3.3 MW5
for the first time, and it performed great. My combo was the 3.3
and Enduro 8'5". Logged 3hrs on the water time both days, can you
say Advil Pleaseeeee.

This am I got to Windy cove at 9:20 am, was on the water by 10. It was
so lonely until about 11:30. People would show up sail 1 or 2 reaches and then
call it a day. Yester about 6 people were out in the afternoon.

I think this was definitely the windiest I've seen the Delta, the tail of
my board was blowin white smoke for 20-30 yards. My pager averaged 28-32
both days. Broke a fairly new Windsurfing Hawaii universal, my only
damage.. Almost got run over by the coast guard, made a gibe and there they
were. Those guys book on that Zodiac

Tried out some neopreme, kayaking gloves and they really helped and wore
booties today, yesterday I didn't wear either and my toes were numb for
an hour after sailin. These gloves are constructed so that they are cupped
like your hand on the boom.

Lost and found.
Found a pair of Okespore booties from Sundays sesh, If they're yours
let me know.

Costa Rica 11/20-11/28
-No wind, but had a great time anyway. Stayed at the Tilawa two nites
and Tamarindo the rest of the time. The surfing was great! I'm a novice.
Kids and wife loved the trip too, even the time at Arenal. Saw the leatherbacks
laying eggs and Arenal erupted while we at the base up from Tabacon hotsprings.
Didn't need the 4*4, but its probably not a bad idea because if you get off
the superhighways, things deterioate rapidly. People were nice and the food
great! Jean-Paul says he's clocked the wind on the lack at a steady 40+, after
today, I don't know if I really want to sail 40+, ok yes I do!! hit me harder!

steves@stealth.rose.hp.com-DeleteThis
#180's ASD/Windwing most of the time.