Re: ASD vs Mistral

From: Rick Campbell (rjcamp@slip.net-DeleteThis)
Date: Wed Sep 17 1997 - 19:28:07 PDT

From: "Rick Campbell" <rjcamp@slip.net-DeleteThis>
To: <wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis>
Subject: Re: ASD vs Mistral
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 1997 19:28:07 -0700

Hey... I can't resist commenting on this, since I purchased a new 8'6 ASD
Enduro and a Mistral 263 Screamer this year. Both are great boards, but
very different. I've had a chance to sail both of them most of the season,
so here are my comments:

ASD:

Light, responsive, loves to turn, great in the swells, chop, and waves. And
it's a sweet jumper. I've sailed it from 5.2 to 3.0 (yahoo!).

Mistral:

Heavier, very slalom-like handling, fairly fast, jibes great - like you are
on rails, goes upwind well, handles chop OK, but nothing like the ASD. I
like it with a 5.0.

I use the Mistral mostly during the flood at Rio. It's perfect for that.
For ebbs at 3rd, Coyote, Rio or at the coast, I'll use the ASD (except for
when I'm on a 8'3 Seatrend). Having experience with both, I'll put my vote
with ASD & suggest you check out both the Enduro and Mutant.

Rick