Re: Re[2]: Has Anyone Sailed Lately?

From: Booker Bense (bbense@networking.stanford.edu-DeleteThis)
Date: Tue Aug 26 1997 - 13:57:47 PDT

Date: Tue, 26 Aug 1997 13:57:47 -0700 (PDT)
From: Booker Bense <bbense@networking.stanford.edu-DeleteThis>
To: Multiple recipients of list <wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis>
Subject: Re: Re[2]: Has Anyone Sailed Lately?

On Tue, 26 Aug 1997 kcorr@framatech.com-DeleteThis wrote:

> "Usually about the average"? I get exercised when I hear whitewash
> like this...I am 220 #. I thought I didn't need to remind anybody
> about the difference between 145# sailing a 4.2/8'6" and a 220# doing
> the same. It does blow that hard...so far twice this year for me.
> the average was about 30 mph gusting to 50. All that means is my
> jockey sized friends love me when it blows 12-15 since they don't own
> 6.3/9'4" and just jump on my stuff when I get skunked so I can watch
> them plane. Also when it's blowin dogs over and the jockeys are
> torqued on their equipment, all I have to do is get a wetsuit on and
> jump on their stuff. Happy coexistence...100% of the time they rig
> small stuff and I rig big stuff.

- I think Ken's idea about the Goofy[1] would solve all these
problems. What Pierre was trying to say was that if the pager says
13+ at 3rd and 18+ at coyote, then you can sail your Goofy[1] out in
the channel. Personally, I've had at least a couple Goofy days at
3rd in the last two weeks. Even when you have the body weight, sail
size and maiden aunt's middle name you can't get any more accurate
than it was a goofy.

[1] A goofy is the standard 3rd ave rig. i.e. what you sail there
    90% of the time. A mickey is one size down, a Donald one size up.
    Minnie and Scrooge are the two sizes down/up respectively.

- Booker who is waiting to get that call from Disney's Lawyers any
minute.