WIndsurf Arenal this winter

From: Tim Roberts (robertst@slip.net-DeleteThis)
Date: Tue Aug 19 1997 - 18:09:31 PDT

Date: Tue, 19 Aug 1997 18:09:31 -0700
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
From: Tim Roberts <robertst@slip.net-DeleteThis>
Subject: WIndsurf Arenal this winter

Hey all,

I am trying to organize a winter windsurf trip to Lake Arenal, Costa Rica
for Bay Area sailors. I spent 3 and a half months in Arenal this last
winter and it was some of the best windsurfing I've ever had. I'm sure
you've all heard about the legendary wind there. I weigh about 150lbs and
was on a 4.2 or 3.7 meter sail most of the time. There is great port tack
B&J conditions and the local scene is great. Plus, the sailng spot isn't
crowded (I hate sailing when I spend half my time concerned about getting
rammed by another sailor - i.e Delta on a weekend). So I came back from
this trip thinking about how many Bay area sailors would love it at Arenal
and wondering why weren't there more there.

So far I have targeted the last week of January for a group trip where
there are still spots available, but I can schedule individual vacations
for people at any time. The season goes from December 1 till April 1. I
have package prices set up through the hotels and windsurf centers at Lake
Arenal which are real competitive. $550 for a week at the finest Arenal
hotel, including equipment rental!

Any reactions, questions or comments about this. Email me or send it to
the list. I have a ton more info about windsurfing Lake Arenal for anyone
interested.

thanks, Tim Roberts
robertst@slip.net-DeleteThis