Re: Dynafiber

From: Jim Paugh (James.Paugh@Eng.Sun.COM-DeleteThis)
Date: Mon Jul 28 1997 - 12:14:58 PDT

Date: Mon, 28 Jul 1997 12:14:58 -0700
From: James.Paugh@Eng.Sun.COM-DeleteThis (Jim Paugh)
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Re: Dynafiber

Dynafiber has become part of the Sailworks/Seatrend/Dynafiber
conglomerate, known as Windsurfing Works. They are located in Hood
River:

Windsurfing Works
1016 Industrial Way
Hood River, OR 97031
800-738-4705

Ask for Phil or Brian regarding the booms. I've been working with them
recently on the boom slippage problems. They are in the process of
redesigning the locking mechanism. You'll probably need to send them
your boom rear end for restringing. Ask Brian for a drilled through
knob, that can be supper tightened (allows the bolt to extend through
the back of the knob!). He rigged them for me and that seems to help.
I have to tighten the knob as tight as I can possibly get it. I've
also found that the knew stack of smaller rubber bushings don't hold as
well as the old single bushing. I'm going to see if I can get them to
restring my boom ends with the single bushing.

Brian told me to let anyone I know who's having problems to contact
them about fixing the problem. In most cases, they'll most likely do it
for free or a small charge.

~Jim