Has anyone tried their PacBell PCS phone in the Bay?

From: JAMES_CONWAY@HP-PaloAlto-om8.om.hp.com-DeleteThis
Date: Wed Jul 23 1997 - 09:37:50 PDT

From: JAMES_CONWAY@HP-PaloAlto-om8.om.hp.com-DeleteThis
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 97 09:37:50 -0700
Subject: Has anyone tried their PacBell PCS phone in the Bay?
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis

Item Subject: cc:Mail Text
     Hi:

     I have been using the PCS digital Cellular service from Pacific Bell
     for two months.

     I live on my boat and have had success using the system from all SF
     Bay locations, most of the Delta, and offshore to about 8 miles out in
     the Gulf of the Farralones North of Half Moon Bay. My service fades
     out abruptly just South of Half Moon Bay and doesn't pick up again
     until well into Santa Cruz. I am also using a West Marine cellular
     Phone waterproof pouch which cost about $16.00

     I am happy with the exceptional quality of the Ericson Flip Phone,
     much better than my old portable phone. yes I bought the extra
     insurance that will cover replacement if it gets soaked!

     My basic service is $19.00 a month.

     Currently underway, cruising the Bay and Delta all summer,

     JWC in Half Moon Bay