Re: water warning at 3rd

From: Jonathan Hahn (hahn@and.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Thu Jul 10 1997 - 11:15:53 PDT

Date: Thu, 10 Jul 1997 11:15:53 -0700
From: Jonathan Hahn <hahn@and.com-DeleteThis>
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Re: water warning at 3rd

> Does anyone know if the contaminated water sign is still posted at 3rd? It
> went up around Thursday 7/3.
>
> BobP

I don't know if this is related, but I launched at Coyote yesterday,
and on the last 20 yards of shoreline down by ASD there was some
serious black sludge being washed up. It looked like an oil spill.
Higher up on the shoreline something had been washed up and had
since dried. It created a hard top kind of like paper. You could
pick up a "piece" of the shore. Pretty unappatizing.

I launched at Coyote at 6PM and sailed only until 7 on 9'2"/5.0.
It was pretty light; I was able to plane most of the time and the
occasional gust provided a little speed. I sprained my ankle at
Crissy last Thursday, so this day was actually just what the doctor
ordered.

-jon