Fwd: North Tower Launch

From: B7871@aol.com-DeleteThis
Date: Tue Jul 08 1997 - 13:21:08 PDT

Date: Tue, 8 Jul 1997 16:21:08 -0400 (EDT)
From: B7871@aol.com-DeleteThis
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Fwd: North Tower Launch

---------------------
Forwarded message:
Subj: North Tower Launch
Date: 97-07-08 11:50:43 EDT
From: B7871
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis

Yesterday and Sunday the mile or stretch of water from the North Tower
launch has been epic. It's amazing to me that the wind blows so hard in that
area when up against Crissy the wind is almost non-existant. Yesterday most
sailors were on 4.0s and at times I wished I'd had a 3.0. When the tide
started to ebb, everyone had the opportunity to fly. Personally, I turn
chicken when the conditions get that crazy. Saw a couple outstanding loops
by Mike White and alot of outstanding crashes. When the top layer of water
gets ripped off the surface and starts to head towards you and your rig, you
have to make a decision, to either sheet in and go for it or sheet out and
live. The only downside ot this launch is the no wind swim against the ebb
at the end of the session. Happily, I had company. bw