Sunday Slog

From: Scott Winkler (stwinkle@ix.netcom.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Mon Jul 07 1997 - 19:15:59 PDT

Date: Mon, 07 Jul 1997 19:15:59 -0700
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
From: Scott Winkler <stwinkle@ix.netcom.com-DeleteThis>
Subject: Sunday Slog

Arrived at Sterling Suites above Coyote about 3 or so. Sailors exiting
the water were talking op'd on 5.2's. Characteristically, the wind
backed off so I set forth on 5.5/8-11. Picked up the wind line just
beyond the runways. Out in the channel, I was getting worked pretty
well, and sailed for awhile op'd on the outbound jibe, and up'd
on the inside jibe, with a few white-knuckled high wind jumps in
between. Headed back in and came off plane much further out
than I've ever experienced, probably 3/4 of a mile from the
outside runway. Brief chest tightening exercise, as my rescue kit
was safely stowed in car, new fanny back being repaired after blow out.
Took a deep breath, as I had lots of light left, there was some wind,
and at least 2 other sailers still further out than I. 1 hour 15 minutes
later I was safely back on shore, much more tired from the slog than the
session.

Scott Winkler
415 917-9674 (hm)
408 863-7260 (wk)