Yesterday @ Coyote

From: Zeev Gur (Zeev_Gur@peoplesoft.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Thu Jun 26 1997 - 11:00:41 PDT

From: "Zeev Gur"<Zeev_Gur@peoplesoft.com-DeleteThis>
To: wind_talk@jr.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 1997 11:00:41 -0700
Subject: Yesterday @ Coyote

The last 2.5 weeks work has been too intense to make
it to the coast - what a bummer! It looks like it has been
good everyday - where are the reports?

Went out @ Coyote at 4pm on 5.2/8'8"(207#), and was
powered-spanked most of the time. Came to shore
to downhaul hard. The swells were pretty awesome -
steep and nicely shaped making for nice jumps/rides.
A solid 3 hour session sure felt good - not as good
as sailing the clean water of the coast, but better then
sitting on my ass in front of a computer.....

Fun sidenote:
I am trying to jump with one hand and grab the board with
the other, and yesterday got punished for trying to learn
new tricks in op'd conditions. While reaching for the board,
which I was slightly tweaking to get closer to my hand, a big
gust got under my board and I started to fly sideways. It
seemed like I was flying in this funky position forever. I
finally landed on my right side in a spectacular fashion -
good thing that I had my brain bucket firmly attached.
I love how this sport just keeps you ever so humble.

Today is looking like a repeat......