Re: weekend report

From: Joe Currier (joecurr@kiwi.slip.net-DeleteThis)
Date: Thu Jun 12 1997 - 09:23:08 PDT

To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
From: Joe Currier <joecurr@kiwi.slip.net-DeleteThis>
Subject: Re: weekend report
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 1997 09:23:08 -0700

At 10:30 AM 6/11/97 -0700, you wrote:
>Joe Currier wrote:
>> I took some Crissy regulars
>> to Tomales for their first time although I have been inviting them out to
>> western Marin for years. (They would rather sail out to the north tower for
>> their four thousandth time than drive 45 minutes to a new spot without
>> psycho chop in God's country)
>
>Sounds great, I am up for this but how do I get to Tomales from the city
>in 45 minutes?
>What indicators do you use to forecast a good day at Tomales?
>Thanks.
>
>--
>Name : Dave Hoagland /H\ /H\
>E-mail: <hoagland@sfgate.com-DeleteThis> __/_H_\/_H_\__
> H H
>
>101 north to central San Rafeal exit, 3rd street to Sir Francis Drake thru
Fairfax to Olema; north on Highway 1 thru Pt. Reyes Station. Once you reach
the bay there are several reported launch sites, my favorite being 5 or 6
miles north of Marshall. Respect the oyster farms as their owners are very
protective. Best time of year is spring and early summer, especially
clearing winds after a front passes. Listen to bouy report for Bodega Bay
bouy; the more north in the wind the better the conditions. Call Windsports;
if Rod and Gun is working so is Tomales.

There are deserted beaches on the west side with no road access that you can
sail to. It's wild out there so sail with a buddy and carry an emergency
pack on your harness. Oh, by the way, it's kinda sharky out there too.