Re: Attaching Mast Extension

From: Gr8Jibe@aol.com-DeleteThis
Date: Tue Jun 10 1997 - 23:21:02 PDT

Date: Wed, 11 Jun 1997 02:21:02 -0400 (EDT)
From: Gr8Jibe@aol.com-DeleteThis
To: fjouaux@apple.com-DeleteThis, wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Re: Attaching Mast Extension

<< I'll try your set up. My board detached from the sail above the U-Joint,
 the top pin came out of the mast extension.

<< I'll put the mast rail nut in place with a shock cord and hook this to the
 uphaul. I suppose that as long as I jibe and flip the sail regularly
 (better duck jibe !) from one side to the other the set up will not tangle
 up, as you say.

<< Thanks,

 <<-Francois

That should prevent separation of the rig and the board. Attach a
spring-loaded key ring (less than $3 at any hardware store) to the end of
about 18" of shock cord, and you can readily loop the shock cord through
something on the rig, such as the uphaul. When the board is not in use, loop
the shock cord through a footstrap to keep it out of the way. Takes about
three minutes to install the first time, and about three seconds to connect
each time you sail.

Bill