Re: Fanny Pack?

From: Joel_Ayala@amat.com-DeleteThis
Date: Wed Jun 04 1997 - 14:19:31 PDT

From: Joel_Ayala@amat.com-DeleteThis
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 1997 14:19:31 -0700
Subject: Re: Fanny Pack?

I have been using a small camera case made by Northface for my emergency
kit. After spending many restless nights trying to think of ingenious
ways to strengthen a conventional fanny pack I noticed my camera case was
sturdy and the perfect size. The case is basically a padded pouch with a
flap that covers the opening. Instead of a zipper it uses one easy to use
plastic clip like the ones you see on backbacks. It came with a variety of
clips, hooks, and velcro straps to accommodate most every harness
arrangement. I made some holes on the bottom for drainage and hooked it to
the side of my harness without any modifications. I have been using it all
season without any problems or donations to the bay bottom. Shop around
REI or a camera shop and you will find many alternatives.