Re: How was the coast this weekend

From: Dave Hoagland (hoagland@sfgate.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Wed May 28 1997 - 08:45:02 PDT

Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 08:45:02 -0700
From: Dave Hoagland <hoagland@sfgate.com-DeleteThis>
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Re: How was the coast this weekend

Zeev Gur wrote:

> I know that it was windy on the coast since
> I could not go. It just felt windy. I was able to
> sail at Crissy a bit. Nothing compared to a
> wave session.
>
> How about some reports...........

Sunday at Davenport was the best session I ever had there. Sailed a 4.7
on an 8'2" Tiga from 3 to 6 PM, plenty of steady wind on the inside and
nice clean sets, quite a few logo high. I am still buzzing from that
session. The last jump over the face of a breaking 8 footer took the
fight out of me, getting more air than I wanted with an explosive
reentry and resulting swim for the rig. At that point I decided to call
it a day. Probably 15 to 20 sailors were out, I remember riding one wave
with 4 of us on it. All in all, a very user friendly day.

--
Dave Hoagland                    /H\  /H\
email: hoagland@sfgate.com-DeleteThis   ___/_H_\/_H_\____