Re: call of the wind: Alameda

From: Jim Martin (jim@windcall.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Fri May 23 1997 - 23:23:20 PDT

Date: Fri, 23 May 1997 23:23:20 -0700
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
From: Jim Martin <jim@windcall.com-DeleteThis>
Subject: Re: call of the wind: Alameda

If any one knows that our sensor at Alameda is not representing the
conditions on the water, please let us know. We can tell our sensors from
any one of the 16 different compass ranges to add or subtract a percent to
help represent the conditions on the water. With just a little input we
can get our most sensors very close. (except Crissy) And of course if
there were any changes made, we would notify our customers of these changes
and even get "their approval" before doing so. Our sensors in Southern CA
are all right on, especially where I sail. The SF bay is tougher than
Southern CA to get sensors accurate. Your wind up there is certainly
better than down here but at times is far more fluky.

Always trying to improve what we have.

At 07:50 PM 5/23/97 +0000, you wrote:

>I wonder if anyone has info on what Call of the Wind pager windspeeds
>indicate decent sailing at Crwon Beach in Alameda. Is it really so much
>lower than the rest of the bay--or is it windier out on the water than the
>sensor indicates?
>
>Thx,
>Jeff R

    Jim Martin