Re: Fanny Pack?

From: Booker Bense (bbense@networking.stanford.edu-DeleteThis)
Date: Tue May 20 1997 - 07:56:41 PDT

Date: Tue, 20 May 1997 07:56:41 -0700 (PDT)
From: Booker Bense <bbense@networking.stanford.edu-DeleteThis>
To: Multiple recipients of list <wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis>
Subject: Re: Fanny Pack?

On Mon, 19 May 1997, Scott Winkler wrote:

> Anybody know of a good source for a heavy weight fanny pack for my
> recently assembled rescue kit. The lightweight job I'd previously
> used was shredded in one session, fortuneatly w/ out loss of contents.

- You can windsurf proof a lighter weight fanny pack by turning it
inside out and putting Aquaseal on all the the seams. This should
be sufficient for reasonable quality stuff. The really cheap stuff
has cotton rather the poly/cotton or nylon stitching. Cotton does
not stand up well to the abuse of windsurfing. You can determine
the thread by burning a lose thread, the good stuff melts , the
cheap stuff burns.

- The airwave thing for $27 is probably a pretty good deal.

- Booker C. Bense : bbense@stanford.edu-DeleteThis