3rd Weds

From: Ken Poulton (poulton)
Date: Wed May 07 1997 - 23:42:21 PDT

Date: Wed, 7 May 1997 23:42:21 -0700 (PDT)
From: Ken Poulton <poulton>
To: wind_talk
Subject: 3rd Weds

============= Wed 7 May 97 - 3rd - 5.4/257 (186#)

How bad has this cold been? Bad enough that I had not sailed for a week
and a half although I had both wind and time (or as the law-impaired will
have it: both motive (force) and opportunity). But today I decided I
would treat my hacking, wheezing lungs and sore throat to some
salt-water immersion therapy. Also, the wind and ebb was too good to
pass up.

Got on the water at 3rd by 3:30 on the Standard Rig (5.4/257) and
was fully powered once in the channel. Swell was pretty small, but
also pretty jumpable. By 4:00, we were starting to get some sets
of 2-3 swells 50-100 feet wide and 3 feet high. This made for fun
riding.

About 4:30, it started to back off. I came in about 5:00 and called it
a day. A very nice day!

"Lord, make me pure, but not yet." -- St. Augustine, on abstinence