Re: Adj Harness Lines?

From: Rob Garneau (robg@cadence.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Wed Apr 30 1997 - 10:39:34 PDT

Date: Wed, 30 Apr 1997 10:39:34 -0700
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
From: Rob Garneau <robg@cadence.com-DeleteThis>
Subject: Re: Adj Harness Lines?

I've been using the same set of adjustable harness lines for about 4 years
(about 20 days/year) and I love them. They don't slip when I jibe or jump. I
have them adjusted so that they are tightened all the way while sailing
normally. Maybe that helps them keep from slipping. I'm not sure the brand
but they have what I assume is a standard plastic buckle which a strap feeds
through. The buckle is the same type of buckle as on a harness. It's
especially nice to be able to lengthen the lines when the wind gets light
and that allows you to use your harness while slogging. Saves a lot of
energy. I also tied a small piece of rope through the small loop at the end
of the strap. That gives me something to grip on to to make it easier to
tighten the harness lines when reaching the wind line.

Rob Garneau
8'4" Bic Hip Hop. 165 lbs. Advanced sailor.
(Remember a year or so ago when it was suggested that all posters provide
the above info?)