waddell sunday

From: Bob Galvan (kasplash@crl.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Mon Apr 28 1997 - 18:05:10 PDT

Date: Mon, 28 Apr 1997 18:05:10 -0700 (PDT)
From: Bob Galvan <kasplash@crl.com-DeleteThis>
To: Wind Talkers <wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis>
Subject: waddell sunday

tony + left the city about 2, coast was good + windy all the way to
1/2moon bay...where we encountered totally jammed traffic from air show
attendees getting back on the road. Montara to 92 = 1 hour. I got out
and bought some fruit while tony sat in traffic.

finnally at waddell, everybody was comming in and the water was getting
smooth. sounds like the same big lull that hit 3rd ave. so we rigged 4.7
and 5.3 and i borrowed a bigger board than the only 8'2 I had brought.
but once we hit the foam, we were way powered, even op'ed. we both
cranked on max downhaul and went to smaller boards, and we were still
op'ed in the gustesses.

waves not real big, head high at most, but breaking THICK and HARD on the
bar. going out was dicey. I did NOT want to punch through these baby hueys,
so I did some rinse time - also did some hang time. Ian d'boyd was there
too, hanging out with the seagulls.

I saw one broken mast, heard it was new and still warranteed...

kasplash@crl.com-DeleteThis

here and now, larkspur 6pm monday, it's smokin' NW.