Swing Shift at Third/Tigers Injury

From: Edward W. Scott (shred@netcom.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Mon Apr 28 1997 - 10:21:10 PDT

Subject: Swing Shift at Third/Tigers Injury
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 97 10:21:10 -0700
From: "Edward W. Scott" <shred@netcom.com-DeleteThis>
To: "Wind Talk" <wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis>

>I heard a report of a windsurfer in distress on VHF CH 16 while out on
>opening day (today, Sunday around 5PM) The report indicated a windsurfer
>was stranded with a possible broken arm near the channel between SFO and
>Coyote point. Does anyone know the person, and if the person is okay, and
>what the circumstances may have been?

Can't say it was the same incident, but Bill [something] of Berkeley (of
the Berkely bunch that sails Oyster Point - Leslie, Jeff, Bill, etc.)
injured his shoulder. May be a fracture, dislocation or separation. If
it was Bill, it would've been between Oyster and SFO near Flying Tigers.
Coast Guard picked him up mid-afternoon and ambulance carted him off.

Swing shift (3-6:45) at Third was great yesterday! Where was everyone?
I sailed upwind of the channel marker from 5-6:30, and it was lonely.
Around 6:15 or so, 3 other sailors joined me. Did everyone go home when
the lull kicked in? It was funny (been there, done that) watching the
walk-a-thon of shame from the old launch around 3 yesterday. I guess it
died in a hurry.

Speaking for myself, I was slogging/shredding from 3-4, spent some time
at Kook's beach, and the wind kicked up again at 4:30. Caught the
beginning of the ebb, nice clean baby ramps, caught some air, nothing
spectacular but made for a nice end to the weekend. Was well powered the
whole time, called it quits at 6:45 and planed all the way to the old
launch.

-Ed