Re: yesterday Gods Country

From: JMILUM.US.ORACLE.COM (JMILUM@us.oracle.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Fri Apr 25 1997 - 09:59:09 PDT

Date: 25 Apr 97 09:59:09 -0700
From: "JMILUM.US.ORACLE.COM" <JMILUM@us.oracle.com-DeleteThis>
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Re: yesterday Gods Country

Content-Transfer-Encoding:7bit Content-Type:text/plain; charset="us-ascii"

Sailed Wadell on a 4.3 from 4:30 till 6ish. Was way powered on the 4.3 (as
was anyone under about 180#) for the first part of the session. It dropped to
4.7 around 6 and then died off.

Waves were big (chest to mast+5ft faces) and stacked up making for white
knuckle rides out through the impact zone. This made for some unbelievable
wave rides down some very pitched faces. There were some great lefts
including one that Carlos???raced just ahead of the 20 ft peak for pracically
the whole length of the beach. Saw some locals swimming in with broken gear
and my posse was taking a big beating. I was very happy to get out of the
session without much swimming, losing my rig or any breaking any equipment.
Not a day for the meek.

Thanks.

Jeff Milum

attached mail follows: