Fun last week..

From: Booker C. Bense (bbense@networking.stanford.edu-DeleteThis)
Date: Thu Apr 10 1997 - 15:15:41 PDT

Date: Thu, 10 Apr 1997 15:15:41 -0700 (PDT)
From: "Booker C. Bense" <bbense@networking.stanford.edu-DeleteThis>
To: Multiple recipients of list <wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis>
Subject: Fun last week..

- Looks like I missed all the fun last week... ( I was in Taos
skiing.) Anyway I have two comments.

1. Rescue Fever

        It's very common in rescue situations for people to justify
risks that they would not normally take. Very often, serious
injury/death occurs to one of the rescuers, rather than the people
that got in trouble in the first place. For an eye-opening experience
read the "Accident" issue of the American Alpine Journal. Think real
hard before you go out to find somebody, it's almost impossible in
rough conditions. You're just not high enough off the water on
a windsurfer.

2. Wind Coasters

        This idea has been floating around the back of my head since
last summer. How about we print up some simple coaster sized pieces
of cardboard with a windsurfer on one side and a pizza on the other?

        You throw it on your dash with the windsurfer side up before
you go out sailing. If you go off to dinner, just flip it over.
Real simple and it might save somebody's life sometime, it would
certainly help with dealing with the coast guard et al..

- Booker C. Bense : bbense@stanford.edu-DeleteThis