Re: San Carlos (Baja) question

From: TWavo@aol.com-DeleteThis
Date: Thu Apr 03 1997 - 22:54:04 PST

Date: Fri, 4 Apr 1997 01:54:04 -0500 (EST)
From: TWavo@aol.com-DeleteThis
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Re: San Carlos (Baja) question

Yeah there's a road. In fact there's about 10 of them and they keep
changing.

Good Luck.

There is a road that goes North back to another sailable point with a fishing
camp. It veres to the right just past the ranch and continues on the north
side of the big arroyo.

My wife and I went to Punta Baja this Christmas before we met up with the
Kasplash Klan in Bay of LA. P.B. is definetly cool. We traveled about ten
miles south on mt. bikes and the road looked like it might continue down
meandering around the various arroyos and end up at the point North of S.C.

This place is worth exploring. The surf can be great and I think there is
definitely primo potential for wave sailing. The fog hangs out up around
there though sometimes so it won't be as consistent as S.C.
P.B. is straight out the coast from El Rosario. Go left at the fork when you
get past all the houses and have gone past the ruins. The road goes up a
steep ridge and hits the coast in about ten miles. Check it out if you want
some adventure.
T.D.