Re: Secret Spots

From: Ken Poulton (poulton@zonker.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Thu Apr 03 1997 - 12:51:07 PST

Date: Thu, 3 Apr 1997 12:51:07 -0800 (PST)
From: Ken Poulton <poulton@zonker.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis>
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Re: Secret Spots

> This is a selfish request to quite down a bit about Palo. This break
> will eat gear fairly rapidly once the unsuspecting decends into
> 'discovery bay', also mentioned as the rock garden. Sail there, and
> you will 'discover' what I mean.
>
> If you enjoy the spot, there is no reason to try and entice others to
> crowd the peak. There is plenty of discussion regarding Tuba, and I
> think it would be a good idea to leave it at that...

The idea of this list is to *share* our experiences so that everyone
becomes more knowledgeable and has a better (and safer) time. Most
obscure spots are that way because they have problems, such as poor
access, dangerous breaks, etc. By all means, let us know what the
issues are - that will let others make informed decisions as to whether
this is an appropriate sailing spot for them.

One of the great things about windsurfing is the near-total absence of
the "keep off of our break" mentality often found in Certain Other
Sports. If you don't want to say where you're sailing, then just send
e-mail directly to your friends rather than using this list.

Thanks,

"Good judgment comes from experience.
Experience comes from bad judgment." -- Buster Bunny (Tiny Toons)
.