Re: baja -Reply

From: Ben Cristi (BENJAMIN_CRISTI@novell.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Thu Mar 20 1997 - 09:56:46 PST

Date: Thu, 20 Mar 1997 09:56:46 -0800
From: Ben Cristi <BENJAMIN_CRISTI@novell.com-DeleteThis>
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Re: baja -Reply

Mordidas can happen ANYWHERE! Last November, we were pre-running the Baja 1000
racecourse. Miles from the closest town or paved road (on the racecourse), we were stopped
by a group of soldiers/federales toting sub machineguns. They started poking around the
back of the truck and wanted us to unload all our tools etc. As soon as I gave the guy a
couple power bars, they quit hassling us, and motioned us to continue.

Ben

ps: Now that he's tasted powerbars, he probably won't accept them anymore. They are fond
of stickers, especially if they're related to off road racing, and food. It's cheaper than
paying in greenbacks.

>>> Kirk Lindstrom <kirk_lindstrom@hpocia.sj.hp.com-DeleteThis> 03/20/97 09:44am >>>
Bob,
Is this a problem mainly at or near the Border towns? I flew down last
month in a small plane (to see whales and Indian cave paintings and sit
on a beach or fly) and we were not bothered and everyone was very nice.
Seemed to me the US Mordida, er taxes, to cross the border in a plane
were the worst.
Kirk out

 in the