sailing the waves -Reply

From: Ben Cristi (BENJAMIN_CRISTI@novell.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Wed Mar 19 1997 - 13:35:58 PST

Date: Wed, 19 Mar 1997 13:35:58 -0800
From: Ben Cristi <BENJAMIN_CRISTI@novell.com-DeleteThis>
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: sailing the waves -Reply

I recommend you find a place reasonably close to where you live, so you can go alot, and
not worry about finding the "best" beginner spot. There's no substitute for time in the
waves.

I and most of my friends all learned at Waddell. It's not the best beginner spot, but if
anything, the relatively tough conditions accelerated our learning curves.

Just don't try to learn at Davenport. It's a point break, everybody is concentrated in a
small area. At Waddell you can go upwind and get your own wave.

Ben

>>> mcneil <windsurf@metro.net-DeleteThis> 03/19/97 12:59pm >>>
Any suggestions for a beginner wave sailor in northern California. I can't
make the journey to the west coast of Baja until next spring and I want to
learn about wave sailing now. I live near Bodega Bay and have been reading
about Wadell, Tuba and the new sandbar etc. and Palo Marin. I don't want to
get hammered too bad in the surf (at least not the first few times), so
which of these places would offer the best conditions for a beginner?
Thanks, Annie