Re: Waves at Millerton Point ? In Tomales?

From: TWavo@aol.com-DeleteThis
Date: Tue Mar 18 1997 - 22:10:26 PST

Date: Wed, 19 Mar 1997 01:10:26 -0500 (EST)
From: TWavo@aol.com-DeleteThis
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Re: Waves at Millerton Point ? In Tomales?

Late Spring in '95 a bunch of us determined souls all managed to get out of
work and show up at Tuba to catch what was supposed to be a great blow. The
ocean was a mess of spray and gnarly chop looking like a glacier on
amphetamines. Frozen Dragon's Breath was stirring up some scarry stuff. We
were all digging out our smallest sails when Bob comes dragging his 3.4 up
the path shaking his head in a bewildered smithered state.

Too crazy too have fun, but the adrenaline challenge of survival was tempting
all of us. Somehow we all came to a sane decision, which I think Godsey
inspired, to blow the place off and sail Tomales. Bob, me, Dennis & Sandy
took off from the Yacht Club and made our way up to Millerton. On a powered
4.2 Zeta (#185) pinching up wind to Millerton was not a problem.

Millerton Point is near the bottom of the bay and the fetch from the wind
swell gets time to stack the bumps up into breaking waves. The tide coming
in helps the condition. We were slashing up the waves while skimming over
the oyster beds. This was really a great time which only happens when its
really rippin.
Watch the buoys and check it out when the time is right.

TD