RE: Third Ave Paving Schedule

From: Jim Paugh (James.Paugh@Eng.Sun.COM-DeleteThis)
Date: Tue Feb 11 1997 - 09:11:25 PST

Date: Tue, 11 Feb 1997 09:11:25 -0800
From: James.Paugh@Eng.Sun.COM-DeleteThis (Jim Paugh)
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: RE: Third Ave Paving Schedule

I stopped by 3rd last weekend to take a look around. I walked down by
the ramps (the upwind ramp is in really bad shape) and watched the
golfers playing the holes that are right next to the rigging area.
There is just a 6' chain link fence around the green, with the golfers
making drives to the green! A sliced shot could come over the fence and
hit the board walk by the ramps, as well as a drive (with some wind
behind it) could over shoot the green, right into the rigging area.
Forget the nets around the driving area, we have golfers shooting balls
right at the rigging area with no nets!

It doesn't make sense to me. Are they depending on the skill of the
golfers to not make bad shots?

~Jim