re:NextStep/Genius Pager

From: RZM1%Rates%FAR@go50.comp.pge.com-DeleteThis
Date: Wed Jan 29 1997 - 16:51:43 PST

From: RZM1%Rates%FAR@go50.comp.pge.com-DeleteThis
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 97 16:51:43 PST
To: <wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis>
Subject: re:NextStep/Genius Pager

I was sailing at Crissy on the day last summer when they filmed that
segment, and it looked VERY difficult to sail. Bard Crisman was able
to get it going, but I'm not sure the hydrofoil was any faster than
any modern board with a modern rig. I got the impression that big
chop would be out of the question.

Rick Martyn
rzm1@pge.com-DeleteThis

----------------------[Reply - Original Message]----------------------

Sent by:"Edward W. Scott" <shred@netcom.com-DeleteThis>
 Anyone catch NextStep on KRON on Sunday? They had that goofy
hydrofoil
windsurfer thing I've seen at Third. They also had Bard Crisman (of
"Zen
and the Art of Windsurfing" and Windwing fame) demo'ing the
contraption,
and the hostess (whatta babe!) of the show attempting to mount it at
Crissy Field. It was also on Discovery channel a few days previous so
saw it twice. That was the first time I've seen it in actual
operation,
although I've seen it on land a number of times at Third. Anyone
knows
how it handles/doesn't handle in the bumps?

Snip....
-Ed