Chrissy conditions

From: KES2%CnoFfIoc%CTS@go50.comp.pge.com-DeleteThis
Date: Tue May 07 1996 - 08:53:23 PDT

From: KES2%CnoFfIoc%CTS@go50.comp.pge.com-DeleteThis
Date: Tue, 7 May 96 8:53:23 PDT
To: <wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis>
Subject: Chrissy conditions

Bob wrote:

>From: "Bob Prevett" <prevett@shredder.engr.sgi.com-DeleteThis>
>To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
>Subject: 3rd yesterday?
>
>How was 3rd yesterday (sun)? I would like to compare the conditions we had
>at
>Tigers vs. 3rd for the due west wind direction. From 2:30-4:00 at Tigers,
>wind
>was 5.5m2 (for a 170lb sailor). From 4:00-5:30, it backed off to 6.0m2.
>After
>that it fell way off.

Interesting, at about the time Bob said tigers dropped (4-5:30) chrissy came
up. Most everyone was sailing 4.5-5.0's, even though it was
flood>slack early in the session, there were pretty good jumpable swells
rolling through the gate.

On another funnier, but potentially more dangerous note:
I was sailing in the middle of the bay on a full plane, slightly op when a sea
lion (not a seal, he must have been 8-10' long and big) popped his head up
directly in my path about 2 board lengths in front of me(close enough to
smell!). He was too close to take evasive actions at that speed so all I was
able to do was SCREAM at the top of my lungs. It would have been hilarious to
get a picture of me shitting in my pants and the look of surprised look on
the sea lion's face. Luckily, he managed to dive before I hit him, I was
impressed with how such a big creature could move so fast when there was
impending death ;)
Needless to say, if I did happen to hit him, there could have been grave
consequences....probably would have broken my finbox/board or some ribs as I
got rag-dolled over the front.

Ok, all you engineers our there. We need to come up with a sea-lion/seal
warning device so they won't pop their heads in from of us while we're rippin
around.....Maybe something along the line of those deer whistles people put on
the fronts of their cars.

Ken S.
(kes2@pge.com-DeleteThis)
8'3" gorge animal