RE: Bodega Bay Camping

From: Wiesner Craig (Wiesner_Craig@mm.ssd.lmsc.lockheed.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Mon May 06 1996 - 16:38:34 PDT

Date: 6 May 1996 16:38:34 -0700
From: "Wiesner Craig" <Wiesner_Craig@mm.ssd.lmsc.lockheed.com-DeleteThis>
Return-Receipt-To: "Wiesner Craig" <Wiesner_Craig@mm.ssd.lmsc.lockheed.com-DeleteThis>
Subject: RE: Bodega Bay Camping
To: "Jose" <jluu@mainsoft.com-DeleteThis>, wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis

From: Jose .......you can bet it will blow 25+, as it's been blowing for the
past 2 weeks........Have fun and write a report when you are back.

Bodega Report -

I was in a rush to get over the GG Bridge before rush hour on Friday afternoon
and did not bring my gear (also major brownie points).

When I drove past Bodega Bay I saw someone flying on some flat water in
moderate breezes on what looked like a 6m2. I felt like screaming but didnt
even flinch.

We stayed at Bodega Dunes Camp Ground, one mile north of the town of Bodega
Bay. Pretty nice, warm showers. As we pulled in the park ranger informed us
that it will be either windy, cold and clear or foggy. "It is this way all
spring". Well it was clear warm and no wind all weekend. One local told us
that this only happens a few days a year.

We got to see a couple of sets of grey whales migrating north. At goat rock,
where the Russian River meets the Pacific, the Harbor Seal Mothers were in
"Nursery" with their pups. We climbed down (308 stairs, 30 stories) to the
Pt. Reys Lighthouse and saw more whales and spectacular views. A very fun
weekend.

Where is the launch site where you work your way up wind to sail the waves?

                                         - Craig