Re: opinions on Forsyth 8'6"

From: Jim Paugh (jpaugh@caribe-85.Eng.Sun.COM-DeleteThis)
Date: Wed Apr 17 1996 - 16:36:07 PDT

Date: Wed, 17 Apr 1996 16:36:07 -0700
From: jpaugh@caribe-85.Eng.Sun.COM-DeleteThis (Jim Paugh)
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Re: opinions on Forsyth 8'6"

> I recently bought a Forsyth 8'6" ('95). Does anyone else out there own one
> of these? What's the word on durability, etc.?

Funny you should mention this. I have an Forsyth 8'6" en route to me as
we speak. This will be my 3rd Forsyth board. John's boards are very
strong, as most epoxy/divinicel boards are in general. He does very
custom work and it really depends on what/who he built this board for.
An 8'6" is probably more of a bump & jump, so it will be very strong.
The mast track is mounted deck to bottom (kind of an "I" beam), which
adds tremendous strength for jumping/pounding. The boards he builds for
me have additional structural things like divinicel stringers down both
rails, wood inserts under the heel area and extra 6oz glass in high
stress areas.

Of course, he'll also build the lightest "egg-shell" race board also if
you want it.

As far as their performance? I have a blast on mine, I love them. They're
custom fit to me, which make them all the nicer (note my size below ;)

Give John a call and ask him about it!

John Forsyth
work 541-386-6202
home 541-387-3329

~Jim
Forsyth 9'2" slalom, Forsyth 8'10" bump&jump, Forsyth 8'6" bump&jump
Rushwind Race Sails (6.9,6.3)/Rushwind Wave Sails (5.3-4.0)
Height 6'8", Weight 220lbs (James.Paugh@Eng.Sun.COM-DeleteThis)