Re: Doug's Beach

From: LafingGuy@aol.com-DeleteThis
Date: Thu Apr 04 1996 - 14:41:38 PST

Date: Thu, 4 Apr 1996 17:41:38 -0500
From: LafingGuy@aol.com-DeleteThis
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Re: Doug's Beach

About the Chinook comment, I've broken 2, or maybe 3 if I think back a few
years. The most recent was at 11 months of use, it broke in the middle
between my harness lines. Definet h2o signs inside, I could hear water
sloshing in the boom for most of last summer. Any good ideas on getting the
foam (I think they are foam) plugs out? I'd like for my new chinook not to
break. (I also snapped the loaner Helm gave me, it broke right behind the
head, on about 1 hours sailing.) I really like the chinook head, and
adjustment system and I don't want to change.
 Jay, what kind of hand work did you have to do on your Chinspar?
:D