Thurs @ 3rd

From: Kirk Lindstrom (kirk@hpmsd3.sj.hp.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Fri Mar 29 1996 - 07:22:58 PST

Date: Fri, 29 Mar 1996 07:22:58 -0800
From: Kirk Lindstrom <kirk@hpmsd3.sj.hp.com-DeleteThis>
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Thurs @ 3rd

Reports looked good. Wind looked good so I rigged 5.6 on my new 8'11"
RKT and hit the water at 3:35. Gusty. Was WAY upwind of channel
marker on first run so it seemed the board had enough volume for a flood
tide. Board was great when powered and sank in holes. Filled in nicely
closer to channel so I came in where I could stand to tighten sail
outhaul and adjust the footstraps. Trouble getting back out. By the
time I got to the channel, I was well downwind of the marker. Tried a
few vain attempts to get going in the channel where I could easily get
upwind if I could get powered...no luck. Slogged, swam, walked in to
old launch. Tide was still a bit low so I sailed a bit in the gusts but
just slowly worked my way in and went home.

More aquaaerobics than sailing....8-(
Kirk out
PS Some gear for sale listed on my webpage (with photos):
http://www.lookup.com/Homepages/90179/home.html