Fri @ 3rd

From: Kirk Lindstrom (kirk@hpmsd3.sj.hp.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Mon Mar 25 1996 - 14:37:57 PST

Date: Mon, 25 Mar 1996 14:37:57 -0800
From: Kirk Lindstrom <kirk@hpmsd3.sj.hp.com-DeleteThis>
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Fri @ 3rd

I sailed 3rd Fri 3:45 to 5:45. 5.1 wave sail and 8'8" ASD RKT (rock).
Difficult to get out at first due to holes...and powered to WAY-POWERED
in the channel. Really fun to sail that board, but it sure wants alot
of power to get going. Trouble remembering to bear off of jumps (little
ones in my case) as the wind seemed to bring you right into the ramps
and I'd often come down and stall. Loads of work to get going again.
Some air time without a rig....not by choice...when I was surprised by
an unusually well formed swell that curled on me. Took one run to many at
the end and crashed big time comming in for no reason and by the time I
got back on the board, the wind had figured KenP rigged down so it shut
off and I had to swim/slog back in. WOW! Probably 0.5 to 1.0 meter
more sail than I needed in the channel, but all of it was needed to get
back most of the day. Maybe a race sail would have worked better to
carry the lulls with that board....

Kirk (ready for more) out
ASD epoxy: 8'8" & 8'11" RKT & 9'6" no-nose CS; Mistral CFlex & Malibu
Wt 222#, Ht. 6'0", Usually sail on SF Bay, Cailf.
(kirk_lindstrom@sj.hp.com-DeleteThis)