RE: Visa boom fix...

From: bob smith (73551.2745@compuserve.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Tue Feb 20 1996 - 15:02:19 PST

Date: 20 Feb 96 18:02:19 EST
From: bob smith <73551.2745@compuserve.com-DeleteThis>
To: "Multiple recipients of l <"<<wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis>
Subject: RE: Visa boom fix...

Hey all...

I confess that I am an insurance broker, and you may be interested in a good way
to cover your stuff. Do not assume that your renters/homeowners policy will
cover your boards for any event. Most companies define windsurfers as
watercraft; limiting them to a total of $1,000. They will also need evidence of
theft to provide coverage...losing something off of your roof, which I have
done, does not cut it.

An easy way to fix the problem is to 'schedule' your boards and sails on your
renters/homeowners insurance policy. Call the company and give them a list of
the boards etc with a value. The premium for a year should not be more than
$1.50 for every $100 of value. So....$5,000 of gear would cost an additional
$75 per year. You can also usually choose a lower deductible than you may have
for your house.

After achieving maximum air time,losing an Energy off of the San Rafael bridge,
I realized that I needed something to help back me up. Good luck with your
insurer...some underwriters are not too swift, so you may have to do some
convincing.....Hope you catch some Southerlies!

Bob Smith