vacation planning

From: Veach, Dave (Veach@spaceapps.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Wed Jan 31 1996 - 11:53:00 PST

From: "Veach, Dave" <Veach@spaceapps.com-DeleteThis>
To: wind_talk <wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis>
Subject: vacation planning
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 96 11:53:00 PST

My wife and I are planning a vacation getaway sometime in late Feb or early
Mar and I'd like to hear from anyone out there who might know some good
locations for a 4or 5 day trip in that time frame.

We live in the San Francisco area so we're probably limited to Hawaii or
Mexico because of both cost and trip duration. I'd love to go someplace
like Aruba but it probably costs too much.

Anybody got any advice for places that: 1) are likely to blow in Feb or
Mar, 2) are warm, 3) have stuff to do with my wife who doesn't windsurf
(bummer!) like scuba etc., and 4) are a good value? Since it's going to be
a short trip I won't be taking any of my gear so rental info would also be
helpful. Where are some good places to call for info? I hate talking to
some sales person who doesn't know squat about windsurfing!

Locally I sail mostly Coyote, 3rd, Rio Vista, and San Louis. Haven't tried
the surf yet.

     Thanks for any help!
     -Dave Veach

bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."