Re: Pillar Point Harbor Report - THURSDAY

From: Jack Greenbaum (jackg@crc.ricoh.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Fri Jan 19 1996 - 15:06:23 PST

To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Re: Pillar Point Harbor Report - THURSDAY
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 1996 15:06:23 -0800
From: Jack Greenbaum <jackg@crc.ricoh.com-DeleteThis>

On Fri, 19 Jan 1996 08:38:19 PST Jeff Hodges wrote:
> any reports from sailors?

Got there at aroud 11, it was blowing quite nicely, not alot of rain
yet. Rigged a Sailworks 4.6 race, pulled the Tiga 254 off the racks
(well, the wind helped me!). Equipment was wierd after not sailing for
months: boom too high, footsraps not adjusted for booties, etc (read:
excuses for why I kept falling). After twenty minutes I was constantly
getting backwinded or slammed, so went in for another sail. Rigged a 3.7
Zeta. By this time the rain was stinging as it hit my face. This sail
felt much better, I was actually in control. Fully powered most of the
time to a bit under in the gusts. I think next time I'll use a bigger
board because of the gusts (I weigh 140#). Sailed for another half hour,
got cold, packed it in. It was very nice to be hooked in and on a plane,
well worth the cold and wet.

Jack Greenbaum -- Research Engineer, Ricoh California Research Center
Digital: jackg@crc.ricoh.com-DeleteThis | http://www.crc.ricoh.com/~jackg
Analog: (415) 496-5711 voice | 2882 Sand Hill Rd. Suite 115
         (415) 854-8740 fax | Menlo Park, CA 94025-7002