How I spent my Christmas Vacation

From: LafingGuy@aol.com-DeleteThis
Date: Sun Dec 31 1995 - 13:18:09 PST

Date: Sun, 31 Dec 1995 16:18:09 -0500
From: LafingGuy@aol.com-DeleteThis
To: snyders@halsp.hitachi.com-DeleteThis, owain@geis.geis.com-DeleteThis, AJChilton@aol.com-DeleteThis, ldelfosse@pa.hodes.com-DeleteThis, lisa_orsini@qm.macuser.ziff.com-DeleteThis, e_storne@kla.com-DeleteThis, ACORLETT@aol.com-DeleteThis, ilui@s3.com-DeleteThis, cj@quake.net-DeleteThis, FULLSAIL7@aol.com-DeleteThis, GregBriggs@aol.com-DeleteThis, dcons@madge.com-DeleteThis, sandi@tabula.com-DeleteThis, JDELFOSSE@aol.com-DeleteThis, blsmith@leland.stanford.edu-DeleteThis, kleggett@src.iwv.com-DeleteThis, harry@adnovum.com-DeleteThis, wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: How I spent my Christmas Vacation

Aloooohaaaa!
 I hope you are all skiing/snowboarding/sailing(if a storm came through) and
generally enjoying the holiday season. So far I've managed to surf, bodysurf,
snorkel, or (yesterday) windsurf every day I've been here. There's a Kona
(south east wind) storm coming through. Yesterday Jeff Au & I went to Naish &
rented gear, Jeff used a 8'8" Mistral (sorry, I don't know which model) and a
5.1 Gaastra MX4 and I used a 8'6" Naish wave board and a new 5.25 (does the
extra .05 matter?) Naish Nalu sail. We ventured out on Moanalua Bay from the
Hawaii Kai boat launch. It took about 10 tacks to get out to the surf. Really
fun head high waves on a nice reef. Great starboard jumping and surfing on
both tacks. The side/onshore conditions made off the lips really easy. The
Naish wave board worked great!!! Jeff also tried the Naish & liked it once he
got up on top of the water. We managed to hang on for 4 hours. We finally
gave up around 6PM. The sun was setting, our hands were aching, we were
grinning like idiots. I hope you are all having just as much fun as I am!!!
Happy New Year! or Haoli Maka Hiki Ho!
:D