Re[2]: Kona

From: Geoffrey.Boehm@wj.com-DeleteThis
Date: Mon Nov 27 1995 - 08:04:02 PST

Date: Mon, 27 Nov 1995 08:04:02 -0800
From: Geoffrey.Boehm@wj.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Re[2]: Kona
To: Multiple recipients of list <wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis>

     As I recall from the magazine article, the site was Waipio valley,
     which is across the island (on the northeast side - Kona is on the
     West, slightly to the south). Being on the east, it has a better shot
     at the trades than Kona. The place to sail on the big island is
     supposed to be off the southern tip.

     Waipio valley is well worth seeing, even if you don't sail. The road
     down to it is 1 mile long, and even though it is paved and in
     excellent shape, it is so steep it still requires 4 wheel drive. It
     drops something like 1000 feet in 1 mile.