Re: Kona

From: Richard O. Rhodes (rorhodes@netcom.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Mon Nov 20 1995 - 11:51:19 PST

Date: Mon, 20 Nov 1995 11:51:19 -0800 (PST)
From: "Richard O. Rhodes" <rorhodes@netcom.com-DeleteThis>
Subject: Re: Kona
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Cc: Multiple recipients of list <wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis>

I stayed north of Kona two years ago (July), and there was no wind surfing,
except one rental shop at one of the big hotels, on a bay with very light
winds. The wind would blow occasionally, but was gusty and light. In a
week I never saw anyone sail. I heard that if you had 4-wheel drive, you
could sail at Cape Kumukahi (south east point).

Go see the lava flow instead, and kick some hot lava if you can. It
feels like soft bread dough, and adjusts the sole of your tennis shoe.
Then do as we did, and go to Maui (no shoes needed).

Dick Rhodes