Re: Windsight

From: steve shugart (steves@malik.rose.hp.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Sat Oct 21 1995 - 11:07:41 PDT

From: steve shugart <steves@malik.rose.hp.com-DeleteThis>
Subject: Re: Windsight
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 95 11:07:41 PDT
Full-Name: steve shugart
Mailer: Elm [revision: 70.85]

> Anyone else have an assessment of windsight's performance?
>
> poulton@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis

 Windsight really helps me make the call between going to Rio, the Bay
or the Coast. Combining Ken's data, with Windsight and my own 15 years
experience has cut down the number of Days I get skunked or Drive all the
way to the coast just to eat a chorizo burrito at the Happy Taco in HMB. A
six hour drive for a buritto is not a fun day. At a minimum I have a 3 hour
round trip drive at 10 miles to the gallon. I only got skunked at Rio once
this summer out of about 20 plus days sailing, so thats 5% error. If I rigged
the 6.5 I probably could have sailed.

Mike's reports help determine the location to sail at sometimes there is wind
in the Bay but it will be Gusty at Crissy and steadier at Coyote.

Sure there are days when the weather systems move faster or slower than
predicted.

There have been a lot of days that I would have thought it would blow and Mike
said it wouldn't, which eased my mind and let me spend a day with the family.

steves "at"malik.rose.hp.com

Any of you Unix pros, know how I get the "at" symbol to work using Reflection 1
on my pc?