Re:

From: Kirk Lindstrom (kirk@hpmsd3.sj.hp.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Thu Oct 12 1995 - 08:08:42 PDT

Date: Thu, 12 Oct 1995 08:08:42 -0700
From: Kirk Lindstrom <kirk@hpmsd3.sj.hp.com-DeleteThis>
To: kenf@netcom.com-DeleteThis, wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Re:

I read in today's SJMerc that a fireboat rescue out of PA failed Wed due
to the boat and 4 rescuers getting stuck in the mud. They freed
themselves and got back to shore at 9:20PM (after the tide changed...)
The article did report that the subject of their rescue attempt, a 24 yr
old Stanfurd student, was seen walking back thru the tullies to safety.
The article also said that they tried to launch a hover/swamp craft type
boat out of Menlo Park to rescue (either the rescueers or sailor??), but
it broke.

Not sure if this is the same rescue attempt. Sounds like I made a good
call not going WSing Wed since the fog was thick on the hills over
Stanfurd where I figured it could shut off....

"It is a stupidity second to none, to busy oneself with the correction
of the world." -- Moliere, French dramatist (1622-1673).

Kirk out