Coast Reports

From: Bob Galvan (kasplash@crl.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Tue Sep 26 1995 - 10:11:14 PDT

Date: Tue, 26 Sep 1995 10:11:14 -0700 (PDT)
From: Bob Galvan <kasplash@crl.com-DeleteThis>
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Coast Reports

Saturday -

Mushroom season is beginning, went to Salt Point (sonoma coast) and got
some chantrelles. Had hoped to get some abalone too, but huge swells
relieved me of that chore. No wind nowhere.

Monday -

Tubamancha, alone again. 4.7/8'8" with the weed race fin. Awesome.
Steam Engines was as good as it gets. shoulder high, peeling for 100
yards or more, offshores brushing the faces and pulling spray off the
crests, smooth water, and WARM water for a change! ya reeeelly missed it.

but it's still blowing right now...(10am tues)

I'm loving this weed fin. It's just like a 14" blade that is raked back
at 45 degrees. Never loads up with weeds, AND never spins out. Rips
waves just fine, goes upwind like a hungry lion.

The new Naish Nalu is pretty sweet too.

Bob Galvan
kasplash@crl.com-DeleteThis