Coyote Friday

From: Ken Poulton (poulton@zonker.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Fri Sep 22 1995 - 21:47:03 PDT

Date: Fri, 22 Sep 1995 21:47:03 -0700
From: Ken Poulton <poulton@zonker.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis>
To: wind_talk@zonker.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Coyote Friday

Postscript from Crissy last Sunday: Luigi redeemed his honor as a
sailing partner. :-) I broke three separate items of equipment, and each
time he was there to see that I got in safely.

============= Fri 22 Sep 95 - Coyote - 7.0/9'0 (184#)

Michael and I met at Coyote and hit the water about 3:30 on the big
stuff: 7.0/9'0 for me and 6.0/8'10 for Michael (165#) - most others were
on ~6.0's. To my surprise, we planed (juuust barely) right from the
beach. Outside, we were powered up. After some fooling around with my
7.0 rigging, we cruised upwind - hard work for me on my CFX. But we
went out to the channel markers (3.5 miles out) and over to the runways.
On the outside we found swell up to 3 feet and plenty of wind - when
Michael got OP'd I was finally able to pass him for the first time of
the day.

We went in on one long downwind reach from the channel markers to the
beach around 6:00. Michael left me way behind - I miss my ASD! A very
nice fix###day.

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of
people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."
                                        -- Douglas Adams