Re: 3rd on Thursday

From: Jim Paugh (jpaugh%jurassic@Sun.COM-DeleteThis)
Date: Fri Sep 22 1995 - 12:19:53 PDT

Date: Fri, 22 Sep 1995 12:19:53 -0700
From: jpaugh%jurassic@Sun.COM-DeleteThis (Jim Paugh)
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Re: 3rd on Thursday

> From: "Brad James" <bjames@faamail.fail.com-DeleteThis>
> Reply to: RE>3rd on Thursday
>
> Just as I've noticed that 3rd typically has better wind than Coyote on
> westerly days, I've noticed that Coyote seems to get better wind than 3rd on
> more northerly days. I was nicely powered outside on a 4.9 and ASD RKT 8'8''
> (175 lbs) from 4:15 to about 6. I also had a easy slog/plane in.
>
> Anyone else have any similar/disimilar observations??

Yes, I've definitely noticed this. I've been at 3rd, where it was dead,
but I'd see decent pages from the Coyote sensor (blowing NNW). A couple
of times, earlier this season, I then went to Coyote, where it was
filled in to the beach! I've also noticed that the swell on an ebb is
cleaner at Coyote when the wind is more northerly (in the channel).
But it's a _long_ slog back from the channel at Coyote, if the wind
dies suddenly.

I thought about that yesterday, but sailed in the channel on my big stuff.
I was on my 6.9 race/9'2" slalom board (with a 16" fin :). Powered from
5-6:30pm.

~Jim