Re[2]: The ultimate safety kit

From: sdubois@Advent.COM-DeleteThis
Date: Mon Sep 18 1995 - 15:05:17 PDT

Date: Mon, 18 Sep 95 14:05:17 PST
From: sdubois@Advent.COM-DeleteThis
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Re[2]: The ultimate safety kit

     For statistics purpose only. It took me 1.5 hour once to swim/walk
     from the channel marker during a 25 knots-no current day. I swam while
     pulling/pushing the board loaded with the rig for 2/3 of the way and
     walked barely touching the bottom the last 1/3. I was wearing a full
     4/3. Temperature was okay, skin irritation was not...
     I would not even try swimming from outside the channel. That's why I
     carry a radio...
     -stephane